That’s right! Just the other day this site hit its magical second birthday, which totals to 730 days, or 17 520 hours – all with Optipess comics available for your reading pleasure. A bit like this blog post I put up when I hit 100 comics, I wanted to once again celebrate this wondrous occasion with various random statistics and amusing trivia from these past two years. If nothing else, I had immense fun assembling these tidbits of information – as well as having to brush up on my math skills. (Note: with “math skills” I really mean “counting”.)
- Up until 30th November 2010, there has been posted 212 comics on this site, with 993 panels in total – which means the strip due for Monday will feature my 1000th comic panel. But then again I counted this strip as one panel, and this one as four panels, and I’m not entirely sure I even counted correctly, so I’m only 80% sure this information is correct.
- I have drawn 5 zombie strips, 4 pirate strips and only one ninja strip, which also is a pirate strip. The most frequently used tags are pantomime (used 119 times, 56%), someone dies (used 100 times, 47%) and animals (used 46 times, 21%).
- In total, 159 deaths were depicted or at least imminently implied. In addition to these, 3204 people died in this alien attack, and 34 casualties occurred in this traffic accident. Furthermore, there were additional undisclosed amounts of casualties in one plane crash, three train collisions, two sea monster attacks, three alien attacks, two nuclear bomb detonations, four robot attacks and one space shuttle explosion.
- According to my Google Analytics stats ranging from December 1st 2008 until December 1st 2010, Optipess.com has seen 935 996 visits and 3 297 725 pageviews.
- The day with the most visits is still February 17th, 2009 with 17 175 visits, which probably is the same numbers Axe Cop get in one hour on a slow day.
- The day with least visits is December 2nd, 2008, where the total was one – and that was probably me.
- 10 093 visitors reached this site by searching for “optipess” in their search engine of choice. 442 visitors searched for “optipress comic” – with a superflous “r”. One person found the site by googling “bingos ate your baby”. Yes, “Bingos”.
- “Optipess” has been misspelled as “optipes”, “optopess”, “optipress”, “optimipess”, “optipedd”, “optippesss” and countless other variations. Guys, don’t browse the web when drunk. Then again, that’s what I get for choosing a made-up word as the name for my comic strip, I guess.
- The most popular strip overall has been Dad vs Dad, with 85 447 pageviews. Jason, Friend of the Butterflies, Support Groups and Bad Girl are trailing closely behind.
- Top 3 referrers are StumbleUpon, Reddit and Feedburner.
- Speaking of my RSS Feed, it currently has 3 038 subscribers. It definitely is the easiest way to read the strip, but also the most distanced from the site. Subscribers, feel free to click through to the site, leave comments and oogle at my ads once in a while!
- Speaking of comments, 1 696 of them have been posted to this site – and I immensely appreciate every one of them – well, excluding my own 235 comments. Total word count in the comments is 23 901.
- 403 different nicknames have been used. Most active users after me (with number of comments in parenthesis) have been danineteen (78), bactherman (77), speearr (67) and Yacine (64).
- The strip with the most comments (27) is Love is Blind from January 15th 2010. A lot of them were from a surprisingly high number of readers with color blindness. Sorry, guys!
- Most Facebook “likes” and Tweets: Missing Piece (297 likes and 48 tweets.)
- Most Reddit upvotes: 385 for Freddy vs Jason. However I didn’t get any traffic out of it since the submitter had rehosted the strip to an image host. Very annoying.
- Most StumbleUpon views: still Jason, Friend of the Butterflies with roughly 50 000 views.
- Best strip (in my opinion) that didn’t get much attention through social media: probably the personal favorite Newton Surprise. I’m still very proud of that one.
Okay, I hope this list has been a bit like reading an IMDB trivia page of a movie you somewhat enjoy! Oh, and celebrations here at Optipess.com will continue for roughly one year, just in time for the next site birthday.